Author Archives: Clare
Here’s how to do some basic wand curls, the wand I used for these curls was a conical curling wand, size 32mm-19mm.
Items needed: curling wand, hair sectioning clips, hairspray….
- Begin by sectioning of your hair into 3 even sections (one bottom, one middle and one top) depending on the thickness of your hair you may not need to have as many sections.
- Once your wand has heated up to the right temperature setting..
- Grab a small section of hair and twist it around the wand..
- Hold for 10-15 seconds.. and then let the hair drop into your hand and let cool for a for seconds..
- Repeat steps 3-4 until you finish the first layer of hair…
- Lightly spray with hairspray if desired…
- then let down the middle section and repeat steps 3-4
- When you get to the top layer (if you have a side part, make sure you part your hair down the middle.. )
- Repeat steps 3-4 and once finished, let your hair cool for a minute of two..
- Then re-part you hair to where you would usually have your part…
- And you’re done!
For any questions ect. please comment below 😉
Janette Oke is one of my favourite authors at the moment, and is a “bestselling Christain author of over 70 books, 32 of which have been translated into fourteen languages. Her books have sold over 22 million copies.”
Janette Oke has dreamed for years of retelling a story in a biblical time frame from a female protagonist’s perspective, and Davis Bunn is elated to be working with her again on this sweeping saga of the dramatic events surrounding the birth of Christianity…- via https://www.bookdepository.com
Another one of her series I’ve read recently is the “Return to Canadian West.” The TV series “When Calls the Heart” had been based off them.
“Where Courage Calls” :Her courage and her heart will be tested in ways she never expected… Beth Thatcher has spent her entire life in the safe, comfortable world of her family, her friends, and the social outings her father’s wealth provides. But Beth is about to leave it all behind…… – via https://www.bookdepository.com
I would definitely recommend them both, for around ages 13 up.
I have also enjoyed reading numerous other books by her. (the links as to where you can purchase the books are embedded in the pictures)
Feastday: February 14
Patron of Love, Young People, Happy Marriages
To learn more click here.
Happy Valentine’s Day! ❤
Items you will need: hair brush and comb, 2-3 hair elastics, 1 hair tie and a few bobby pins. Optional:(hairspray)
- begin by dutch braiding the top section of the hair..
- continue braiding until you reach the back of the head..
- and secure with a hair tie..
- once secured in a ponytail, begin fishtail briading..
- when you reach the end of your fishtail braid secure with an elastic..
- and finish with hairspray as desired..
For a different look put the fishtail braid up into a bun.
As always, feel free to leave a comment telling me what you think. 😉
The tradition of having Australia Day as a national holiday on 26 January is a recent one. Not until 1935 did all the Australian states and territories use that name to mark that date. Not until 1994 did they begin to celebrate Australia Day consistently as a public holiday on that date….-Via http://www.australiaday.org.au/australia-day/history/
Happy Australia Day!
Feastday: January 24
Patron of Catholic writers, the Catholic press, the deaf, journalists, adult education
Birth: August 21, 1567
Death: December 28, 1622
Beatified By: January 8, 1661 by Pope Alexander VII
Canonized By: April 19, 1665 by Pope Alexander VII
to learn more click here: http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=51
Items you will need: hair brush, 2-3 hair elastics, 1 hair tie and a handful of bobby pins.
- to start of with you will need to part your hair off to one side….
- separate a small section of hair from the front and french braid it until you get to just in front of your ear…
- then finish it off with a plait, and secure with an elastic…
- then go back and gently tug on the outside edges of the braid to make it look bigger and softer..
- keep the braid out of the way while you gather all of the rest of your hair in to a messy bun..
- once you have the bun where you want it, secure it with bobby pins…
- and the wrap the braid around the bun and secure into place with a few more bobby pins.
- add hairspray if desired.
I hope you liked this hairstyle, and please leave a comment below, letting me know what you think 😀
When right is wrong and wrong is right, Andrew Murphy shows what the salmon can teach us about swimming against the current and living the Catholic Faith…….
Click here to read this article.
All Saints’ Day is a celebrated on November 1, and is less than two weeks away.
For more information please click here
Leave a comment of who your favourite saint(s) are.